Thursday, April 21, 2011

Today is the day!

Do you ever wake up some mornings with the fire in your belly.  No, I'm not talking heartburn, I'm talking excitement!  Purpose!  Well today was that day for me.  I have been writing for years, never sure what God's plan was for my work. 


Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 


I have known for a long time that God wants to use the gift of writing for His purpose for a long time, so hear I am, Lord!  Send me!  I am a full time working mother of one amazing two year old, Grace, and wife to a hard working husband, Dennis, who is following his dreams and encouraging me to follow mine.  And by encouraging I mean harrassing daily... 


At any rate, we are given special talents that God wants us to use and share with the world.  For years I thought that meant I had to move to Africa and be a missionary because I had a gift of being friendly.  Clearly misguided (although some of you do feel the call on your life to be a missionary and Africa) through prayer and waiting on God, I now know that I was meant to share through my writing.  Which is extremely relieving because giant bugs and heat are not my thing.  I need coffee and retail therapy for survival. 


My heart has always been in words, from a child I was writing books and reading books.  God gave me a passion. God gave you a passion too, He wants you to use it for Him.  If you aren't sure what your passion is, come with me on this journey.  We can walk together as I prayerfully work through the passion God gave to me and help you find the excitement and gifts that God gave to you.  I encourage you to pray, seek His wisdom and read His word.  He will reveal to you guidance and step by step, we will living out our purposes.  FYI - I'd be careful following too closely to me, I've been known to be clumsy.  Wouldn't want you to get hurt.

2 comments:

Marketing by McKenna said...

How wonderful! I love your vision and can't wait to read more of your writing!!

Isn't it funny how sure you can be of your purpose only to find out there were even better things awaiting you?

I totally appreciate your reinforcing happiness not stemming from circumstance. I used to think I needed a change of scenery when it was just a change of perspective required.

Awaiting your next post!

Heather said...

Thank you so much! There is so much to be learned here that I expect something different around every corner!

Stand firm in your belief and the let the rest go...says the control freak! Easier said than done, right? So far so good, though as my original intent for my first post was nothing like what came out... Yet more proof that there is a plan and we are not in control.